Group: Athlétisme Ville-Marie
Position: Sprints Coach
Location: Montréal, QC
Reports to: John Lofranco
Type of position: Part-time position
About Athlétisme Ville-Marie
Athlétisme Ville-Marie works to grow a strong, positive running group and culture in Montreal. Our athletes, coaches and board members are driven to provide camaraderie, education and collaboration to develop and support runners at all levels to achieve their personal bests.
- Coach the AVM Development speed/power group.
- Canvas local sports teams, schools and community centres to recruit young athletes
- Create relationships between the community and AVM.
- Lead practices as scheduled in Montreal 3 times a week from May to August.
- Work together with head coaches to
- Lead a development track and field group that focuses on the learning to train, training to train and learning to compete stages of the LTAD
- Recruit athletes to join the group
- Develop rapport with athletes in the group
- Supervise group training plan for speed/power events.
- Build up the track and field skills of group members so that they are able, if desired, to continue the sport into CEGEP and University
- Begin/continue to acquire coaching certification through Athletics Canada and the Coaching Association of Canada
- University student or graduate
- Between 18 and 30 years old (as per Canada Summer Jobs requirements)
- NCCP Club Coach Trained status in Sprints/Hurdles or Jumps OR NCCP Sport Coach Certified status
- Completion within one week of hiring of NCCP Safe Sport Training and NCCP Coaching Athletes with a Disability
- Criminal Record Check (as required by FQA for coach membership)
- Experience with youth aged 13-17 years old
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Bilingual French/English
- $30hr, 8h/week
- This is a part-time position for the preparation and delivery of practice sessions, and accompaniment to competitions
- Uniform/Gear (AVM t-shirt)
- Financial assistance for coaching certification
Only applicants selected for an interview will be notified. To apply, please send your CV and a brief statement about why you are interested in the position to email@example.com
AVM acknowledges the support of the Canada Summer Jobs program in helping create this employment.
We welcome and encourage diverse applicants of all kinds.