We are very proud to announce the merger between these two Montreal track and field clubs! This merger, which was originally motivated by our coaches to provide an even better structure for YOU, the athletes, will take effect on January 1st, 2022.
Athletics Ville-Marie, which appeared on the Montreal scene in 2017, began as a simple training group of two university coaches to provide an annual structure for senior athletes. In a very short time, the club has become one of the major players in Montreal. Now, it’s time to take a new step. After months of reflection, we are sure that this merger is for the best. Here is a summary of all the benefits it can bring:
Benefits – Athletes:
- Privileged access to the indoor Claude-Robbilard track in winter
- funding from the city of Montreal and the FQA for Elite athletes
- free access to the ESIM weight room
- access to a greater diversity of coaches
o sprint group to work on speed o pole vault group
o Olympian Achraf Tadili
Benefits – Coaches:
- More funding for coaches
- less administrative tasks, therefore more time for the athletes
- an office in Claude-Robillard
- greater diversity of colleagues with whom we will share tasks
Advantages – Organizational (Club):
- Opportunity to host competitions
o VP hosted the 2020/21 Olympic Trials and will apply for the 2024 Trials
o VP will host the 2022 Canada Games selection trials July 8-10 more and better competition opportunities!
With this merger, all of track and field in Montreal will evolve for the better, and we will be at the heart of this development! Your coaches are available to answer all your questions. Aside from these positive changes, the day to day of your training groups will remain as is, with your coaches leading your development in sport.